It's a guaranteed holiday hit, and I'll show you how easy it is to make in this video. Billy is behind the camera and only says one sentence. Then after filming, he repeatedly referred to that statement as his "punch" line. This is what I'm working with, people!
Here's a quick write-up of the directions:
- Boil water, brown sugar, and cinnamon on the stovetop. Find the right measurements by taste-testing.
- Add chopped pineapple. You can use fresh or canned chunk pineapple. You may also choose to include peaches, papaya, fruit cocktail, or other fruit.
- Add dried fruit, such as raisins or apricots.
- Near serving time, add a peeled, cubed apple.
- Serve in a mug with a spoon and kindly say "thank you" when everyone tells you how amazing your ponche is.
Ponche is a common Mexican/Latin American punch, and there are many variations on the theme. Let me know in the comments if you give this one a try!